Skip to content
Skip to navigation
Safety in the Machine Shop is the top priority for our staff members, our visitors and our students. Please review the Guidelines for Shop Safety and see the following overview of the Machine Shop's dress code and personal protective equipment requirements:
- Safety glasses with side shields must be worn everywhere inside the Machine Shop. For users with prescription glasses, safety glasses must cover the entire frame of the prescription glass and still have side shields. Acceptable safety glasses for loan are located at the entrance of the shop.
- Long pants are required for anyone who wishes to use tools or machinery within the Machine Shop.
- Hair that is longer than shoulder length must be tied back.
- Long-sleeved shirts must be rolled up past the elbow while operating equipment.
- Ties, rings, watches, bracelets, dresses or other loose clothing/jewelry cannot be worn while operating machinery.
- Shoes providing full coverage must be worn at all times if you want to use any tools or equipment in the Machine Shop. (No sandals, high heels, slippers, crocs, etc..)
Use of Gloves
- Gloves cannot be worn in the shop at any time.